Throughout the next year, and until the implementation of the New Translation of the Roman Missal, The Authentic Update will focus on issues surrounding the New Translation and developments in Sacred Music arising from it. I hope you will visit here frequently and join in the conversation as the Church enters into this remarkable period of liturgical transformation.

Friday, February 11, 2011

So What's Wrong With the New Translation?

A new "low bar" has been set in Academia's seemingly endless quest to find new modes of criticism by which to try and bring down the new translation of the Roman Missal.

An "essay" by Professor Susan Roll

I hesitate to post this for a number of reasons, but sometimes it's necessary to show the opposition for what it is.

UPDATE:

All of the comments at Pray Tell (including one of mine) that suggested that Ms. Roll's "article" was in any way Anti-Catholic or Homophobic have been removed.

UPDATE II:

It seems the Prof. Roll's "article" has been excised from history... no longer posted and all links, comments, backlinks, etc. have been removed. I guess that some roads are best not gone down!

FINAL UPDATE:

The essay by Prof. Roll has been preserved online for all posterity. CLICK HERE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems the article has been removed also...

Chironomo said...

LOL.... I was wondering how long THAT would take...

Anonymous said...

I'm now not positive the place you'ге gеtting your info, but good toρic.

I must spenԁ ѕome time finding οut muсh morе оr ωorκing
οut morе. Thanκ you fοr fantastic іnfo І
used to be looκing fοr thіs іnfогmаtiоn foг mу mіѕsion.


Feel frеe to suгf to my ρаgе quartz worktop

Anonymous said...

Sωeеt blog! I founԁ it while bгowsing on Yahoo
Νеws. Do you have аny tiρs on hoω to get
liѕted in Yаhoo Nеws? ӏ've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

my homepage; coffee pure cleanse walmart