Well, it's been two weeks now and I am (somewhat) settling in to my new position. There are a lot of changes...different people, different schedule, different organ (and I am, by the way, really enjoying that change!)...and a whole assortment of different things to do.
My first two weeks have been focusing on getting in touch with everybody...phone lists were woefully neglected, e-mail addresses were non-existent for many of my choir members and in some cases I have spent several hours just trying to track down information for a cantor so that I could call them! However, by this afternoon I have finished a complete information list for my choir members and have all of my cantors and office staff neatly entered in my Blackberry Contacts list!
The next big project is to get a children's choir up and running! Please pray for me and perhaps even wish me luck..